Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Museeuw


It was a huge day in Belgium today with the news about Lefevere and Museeuw. Coincidentally, we were visiting Museeuw in the AM, before his press conference and his admitting of not being 100% fair during his last season. His mobile was ringing off the hook while we were with him and we could tell something was up. At one point, he got up, looked out the window, and did a long stare at the industrial park which houses the offices of Museeuw Bikes. While meeting the Lion today was special, but I couldn't help but think how depressing this day was for me, for Museeuw.

As JM looked out the window, and then back in the room which housed all his trophies (I was sitting next to one of his Roubaix rocks) I can't help but assume he was thinking, what the hell has happened?


After we met with Museeuw, Mike and I drove over to ride some of the climbs on the Ronde: Koppenberg, Eikenberg, Bosberg, and of course, the Muir. The Muir wasn't as bad as I thought....it's long, but perhaps I was just warmed up. The Koppenberg kicked my ass. I can highly recommend using cyclocross 46/36 gearing! Museeuw talked about how you can't win the race on the Koppenberg, but you can lose the race there. Yup. I lost a few other things there, too.

Tomorrow we hook back up with "Luk" the Belgian Godfather and go see the Unibet presentation, and then head over to Brugge to prepare for Worlds.

Here's a clip for Hoogerheide before the race. Check out the veins!

No comments: